Las Palomas Rocky Point Triathlon
presented by Red Rock Co
Saturday, April 30, 2011
You can still Register on the below dates
Registration/Packet Pick Up @ Landis Cyclery & Sole Sports on Wednesday, April 27th: 4p-7p
Registration/Packet Pick Up @ Las Palomas Resort (Phase 1) on Friday, April 29th: 2p-8p
This race will kick off the triathlon season with a bang south of the border. Come on down and celebrate with Red Rock as we proudly present the Las Palomas Rocky Point Triatlon in beautiful Puerto Penasco, Mexico (aka Rocky Point). The host resort is phenomenal, with views of the ocean, multiple pools, a lazy river, swim up bars, hammocks, and golf course! The awards ceremony has become legendary with the addition of Dick's Mix PremiuMargaritas and Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine as the official sponsor.
Las Palomas Rocky Point Triathlon is your 2nd chance to earn points in the Red Rock Co Arizona Triathlon Series, and the only chance to earn points while sipping Dick's Mix PremiuMargaritas!
- Chip Timed
- Gender specific technical tee
- Awards 3 Deep Overall (Tris, 5k & 10k)
- Awards 3 Deep for age categories (Tris only)
- Relays(Tris only)
- Fully stocked aid stations with agua y PowerBar y Sportsdrinks
- FREE Post race beer garden for athletes!
- FREE Chips & Salsa for athletes
- Live entertainment - featuring Deejay GT
Need additional motiviation? Racelab has a training plan for this race!!
This event features an Olympic or Sprint distance triathlon. All participants start in the Sea of Cortez, then ride a looped course on the resort roads, finishing with a run on the beautiful rolling hills of the resort golf course, crossing the finish line on the beach...where cold beer, food and a band anxiously await your arrival.
Olympic Course - 1000 meter swim, 24.5 mile bike, 6.2 mile run.
Sprint Course - 500 meter swim, 16 mile bike, 3.1 mile run.
5k / 10k Course - we will use the same course as the tris, along the golf course!
Weather - historical weather has high temperatures in the mid 70's. Lows around this date are typically in the low 60's. Expect water temps to be in the low 70's.
Age groups are broken down into 5-year increments, based on your age as of December 31, 2011 by gender, hombres y chicas and by race - sprint and olympic.
5k & 10k Run Categories
Awards will be granted for top 3 overall, hombres y chicas, 5k y 10k.
Relay teams consist of two or three members. For 2-person teams, one person must do two of the legs. For 3-person teams, each person does one leg. We have had some creative names, costumes etc...bring it on..it IS Mexico! Regardless of gender teams will be racing against each other, ie no separate awards for all females, all males, or coed...mix it up and have fun!
First off, we are in Mexico...so...we operate a little more relaxed when it comes to time, especially with the tides as wacky as they are in Rocky Point...that being said...here is our estimated timeline o events
Athlete guide will be posted approximately 1 week before the event.
Friday April 29, 2011
- 2:00pm - 8:00pm: Registration, Expo, and Packet Pickup at Las Palomas Resort
- 6:00pm: Optional athlete meeting at Las Palomas Resort
Saturday April 30, 2011 - RACE DAY
- *Start time dependent on tides and subject to change*
- 5k & 10k will start approximately 30 minutes after the triathlon
SPECIAL RESORT RATES!
We have a couple great options for you this year. For fantastic discounted hotel rates, please click here, or follow the instructions below to book directly with Las Palomas Resort.
1. Visit www.laspalomasresort.net
2. Click on the “Groups & Travel Agents” button that appears in the home page
3. Enter the Group ID & Password:
Group ID: TRIATH11
4. Enter the dates you are staying with us.
5. Click on “Search for Availability”
6. Several Room Options will appear on your right hand side
7. Click “Reserve” and continue filling out the information required.
|1 Bedroom/1 Bath||4 people||$200||$230|
|2 Bedroom/2 Bath||6 people||$260||$290|
|3 Bedroom/2 Bath||8 people||$330||$360|
|3 Bedroom/3 Bath||10 people||$390||$420|
- Rates are in U.S. dollars and include housekeeping service and access to all resort amenities.
- Rates are subject to change without notification.
- Weekend & Special Rates require a minimum 2 night stay.
- The reservation holder must be over the age of 25 and stay at the resort.
- With special permission, one additional person beyond the maximum occupancy may stay in each suite for a charge of $50 U.S.
Contact information: http://www.laspalomasresort.net
Reservations Toll Free: 1-866-360-2324
If you have difficulty booking a room or getting a discount, please call Red Rock at 1-877-681-7223.
Since this event was brought back to Puerto Penasco, Red Rock has been committed to giving back to the community at large. We ask that you please bring NON-PARISHABLE food and clothing to donate to the community. Thanks to your genorosity over the past few years we have filled 3 trucks of clothing to the community. Help us give back! Thanks for your help!
Directions from Phoenix, Tucson, Scottsdale and California are available on this website, please click here to download
Please consider getting auto insurance and these guys have the best rates we have seen, so we highly recommend them.
Auto Insurance for Mexico - www.insurance4mexico.net
We HIGHLY recommend that you purchase Mexican Auto Insurance before you cross the border. It can and will save you a lot of hassle!
Click here for more information on traveling to Mexico.
You ABSOLUTELY NEED to bring a PASSPORT in 2011 to travel into or out of Mexico. In addition, you will need a government issued photo (fancy for drivers license) to get back into the United States...even if you are flying.DISCLAIMER
The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements. The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts/threats of terrorism or other acts beyond the race directors control